Ever since I updated the svn version on the projects I checked out on IntelliJ I couldn't use the Mac's built in svn client with the terminal.
It says "This client is too old to work with working copy…". This means I had to startup IntelliJ to do a simple svn update on projects. I was getting sick of it and decided to solve the problem on my own.
It turned out much easier than I expected. So heres what you need to do.
1. Download the latest svn client from OpenCollabNet
2. Install the package, just like you do with any Mac installation
3. As you would expect job is done… well not quite.
4. The OpenCollabNet installs svn on "/opt/subversion" folder, so you need to let the OS know where to look for svn from now on. So open "~/.profile" for your user profile or "/etc/profile" for all users and paste the following at the end of the file. "export PATH=/opt/subversion:$PATH"
5. Almost done. Rename the existing svn executable. "$sudo mv svn svn.old"
The client is not too old anymore!